As California continues its efforts to vaccinate all eligible residents against COVID-19, the state is offering up to $55,000 for physician practices to support vaccination efforts. To be eligible for the CalVaxGrant, organizations must:
- Have a physician medical practice with no more than 200 physicians within the organization
- Complete section A and B of the myCAvax application process
- Need help with the myCAvax application? Primary care practices can email practice and contact information to email@example.com for one-on-one support
- Expend or plan to expend $10,000 per site (up to 5 sites) between November 1, 2020, and November 1, 2021
- Have an unrestricted license and be in good standing with their licensing board
The CalVaxGrant application cycle runs July 12 through August 13, 2021. Bookmark this page to access the application, resources and updates.
Funded by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and administerd by Physicians for a Healthy California (PHC), the practice support grants will help physicians and medical practices (with 200 or less physicians) administer COVID-19 vaccines in their community, as well as reimburse for related expenses incurred since November 2020.
Allowable expenses include staffing, training, technology, infrastructure, supplies/equipment and administrative overhead. Organizations can apply to receive $10,000 for up to five vaccination sites for a total of $50,000. Additionally, small practice providers can receive an additional $1,000 per site (up to five sites for an additional $5,000) if their vaccination sites match high priority areas as noted by the CDPH.
Have questions about the application or want more information on the grant process? Register for any of PHC's upcoming free, one-hour webinars:
- Thursday, July 15, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. PT
- Friday, July 30, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PT
- Monday, August 9, 2021, at 9:00 p.m. PT